Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

8/5/11 - Pastel Plaid Nails


Well, I hated the last mani I did with its illegible words. So I've been desperately trying to come up with something new to do. I've been kind of thinking of trying a tape mani, having seen some cool ones online. Then I looked down at my pajama shorts and inspiration struck. I would do a plaid tape mani.
Well, this was kind of a terrible idea, as it turns out, because it was extremely difficult. There must be some trick to doing tape manis I don't know about. First, I waited for the base colour to dry for over two hours, and the tape still messed it up a little. Second, this was essentially a six hour process. Apply base coat and base colour. Wait two hours. Apply bottom colour stripes. Wait two hours. Apply top colour stripes. Apply top coat. Feel too frustrated with having constantly smudged it to clean up before taking pictures. Dig the inspiration shorts out of the laundry hamper for the pictures. Glare at your nails and hope someone thinks they're cute. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment