Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

08/22/13 - Swirly Loop

Hello all!
After such a long break from nail art, I was really struggling with what to do next. I have a few ideas, but nothing that really screamed, "Yes, do that one!" So I was talking with my boyfriend and said, "Honey, what should I do with my nails?" This isn't too uncommon. And he'll usually suggest something, often something that's just a bit beyond the realms of my current possibility. But today he thought for a moment and responded, "You should do a swirly design on each nail, and the swirl from one nail will end at where it starts on the next nail. And each nail will be a different colour, like red and green and blue and maybe some others. And your thumb will have all the swirls meeting in the centre." And I stared at him, and I thought about it, and I said, "Okay." And then it was done!
I started with OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and then used Julie G. - Cherry on Top, Brash - Gone Bananas, Kleancolor - Grass Geen, and CQ - Tropics to make the swirls.
With my fingers more carefully aligned, you can better see that I tried to start each design where the last one left off.
I think this design was fun, because it's pretty simple, but has just enough complexity to stretch my brain a bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment