Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

11/19/11 - Happy Thanksgiving!

My mom requested that I do turkeys for Thanksgiving. Initially I wasn't fond of the idea, but I decided to do turkeys on my thumbs and something fall-coloured for the rest of my nails.
These pictures are not very color-accurate, particularly for the China Glaze - Seduce Me, which is the starting colour of the fingernails. It's really much more of a lovely berry colour. To finish off the colours of the fingernails, I applied via makeup sponge after the CG: Sinful Colors - Timbleberry, then Dabble - Sand. I'll post something later with a stash update, but that last polish and a couple others I got from reviving some of my mother's ancient polishes. Fun. :) Anyway, for the thumb, it's a base of SC - Timbleberry, then Sally Hansen - Wet Cement for the tail, with lines in between of Five Star - Hot Red. The body is Loreal - Bronze. The eyes, feet, and wings are Migi Nail Art Pen white, black, orange, and copper.

I think the turkeys came out adorably. Unfortunately, my fingers don't really go with my thumbs as much as I had thought they would. Oh well.
By the way, last week I received a wonderful suggestion from Misty about doing something forest-inspired on my nails. That is still in the mental process, but I figured I'd celebrate the holiday on my nails first. By the way, if anyone has any more suggestions, I'm all ears!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment