Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

04/24/12 - Neon Pink and Gold Swirls aka Vaguely Indian

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while.
To begin with, I am totally struggling with how Blogger has revamped how you post. I can't get things to line up like I used to. So I'm trying, but please forgive me..


Here it is! First picture in sunlight, second picture in indoor lighting with flash.
I got this idea to do opposing swirl lines on my nails, after my boyfriend, in my desperate plea for ideas, said, "something swirly" in his list. And for whatever reason, I thought that this must happen in pink and gold.




Here are some close ups of the design and colours.
For my thumb and ring finger: The base is my lovely unlabeled cat shaped gold polish. This is so thick and loaded with glitter, I actually only needed one coat. The pink lines are this neon nail art brush pen from Cina - Shocking Pink. For my other fingers: The pink base is two coats of this neon pink from Love & Beauty called Hot Pink. I couldn't get super colour accurate pictures, but what you see is pretty close. The gold lines are one of my Migi Nail Art Pens - actually, it's one I got for free for participating in their holiday contest. :) These colours are very odd for me, because I'm not a huge fan of gold and I'm not a huge fan of pink. Every time I look at my nails I think, "Wait, why did I choose these colours again?" I don't know, but that's just what colours the design told me to paint with. I have gotten a few compliments on them, though. :)
Like I said, the idea was just opposing swirls. Start at the top on the left, end on the bottom on the right. Then start at the bottom on the left, end at the top on the right. Repeat. It kinda made heart shapes in some cases.
My dad and my boyfriend thought that the end design with the gold and everything looked vaguely Indian, kinda like a sari or something. A quick Google search for "pink and gold sari" later... [1] [2] [3]

I conclude with a picture of my nails with my lovely cat-shaped bottle. It just really amuses me, and the fact that it's so opaque in one coat (I didn't know that before) is particularly pleasing. It's otherwise completely unlabelled, so that's it's one identifying trait. :)


Anyway, so these are fun and bright and sparkly and not too hard to do. They're totally not my colour, but I'm enjoying them anyway. I'll probably change on Saturday or Sunday to something even brighter and more colourful. ;)
By the way, if you have any suggestions, any at all, I'll be very happy to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment