Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

10/20/13 - Pumpkin Jack'o'Lanterns

So last week I was too swamped with stuff to get a design in, but this week I'm back! I've been tossing around a few ideas, "Pumpkins?... spiders?... blood?.." etc. and unable to decide on one. So I asked my boyfriend what I should do, and he said, "Do a jack'o'lantern with a eye patch, so it looks like a pirate." And I said, "That actually sounds awesome." So I did do that (on two of the nails) and a variety of other jack'o'lantern designs, or plain pumpkins, on the others. :)
Oh yeah, and I made it glow in the dark. ;D

Here's a picture of just the pumpkins, pre-design.
I like the depth of the look I got by layering sheer polishes on top. Unfortunately some of that went away post-top cat, but I still like it. Specifically, I started with Sally Hansen - Orange Impulse, and then did curved stripes of Brash - Gone Bananas and Milani - Awesome Orange. Similarly for the stems I did Kleancolor - Green Grass and Love&Beauty - Neon Green.

On top of that I did one coat of Lime Crime - Crema de Limon, and one coat of Serum No. 5 - Day Glow. Actually, I did two coats of Day Glow on the eyes, but it doesn't look much different. For whatever reason, the glow seems even more awesome in this design than the last time I used it. :)
Oh, and the base colour is China Glaze - Seduce Me, and the eye patch is done in 2True - No. 39.

I think this looks great. Happy almost Halloween! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment