Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

07/03/13 - Stars and Stripes

For this 4th of July, my family is at a convention in Sacramento. I didn't actually want to do a typical Independence day design because it wouldn't match much and I wouldn't be able to change it. But I decided to allude to the holiday by doing stars and stripes... in a different way. :)
 I started with Sally Hansen - Platinum, then did fan brush stripes with Love & Beauty - Neon Yellow, Love & Beauty - Hot Pink, and Kleancolor - Neon Aqua. I finished the job with Pure Ice - Super Star stars.
Okay, slight divergence: I specifically started with Platinum so I could take swatch pictures of it. And then I totally forgot. Grumble!
Back to the design, which I am quite enjoying. Even if it isn't very holiday-appropriate. :)
Happy 4th, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment