Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

08/25/12 - Neon Holo Burst Nails

Hello!
So I saw this post by Gorgeois and I just had to try it, because it is so amazing. Mine isn't nearly as cool as hers, but it's still attention grabbing and looks lovely in the sun, so, good enough, right?
It's made of things I love - bright, neon, holo, rainbow! Unfortunately it's also made of things I'm not so good at - using tape and getting a smooth gradient out of tantrum-y polishes. Also, for some reason the polish shrunk a bit from the tips. Grumble.

Here's a picture before the holo star bursts.

On my thumb we have a nameless Simply Sweet pink and Love&Beauty - Hot Pink. On my pointer we have Five Star - Hot Red and Milani - Awesome Orange. On my middle we have L&B - Neon Yellow and L&B - Neon Green. On my ring we have a nameless Sugar & Spice teal and Klean Color - Neon Aqua. And on my pinkie we have Santee - Purple and Ultra Pro - Punki Purple. One coat of Orly - Twilight adds some sparkle, then I used tape to layer Glitter Gal - Silver 3D Holo over Nabi - Silver for some holo glittery love.
Here's some close ups:



Also, because of the advice of someone on LHC, I tried a new method of cleaning up. Usually if I get some on my fingers I try to swipe it off with a toothpick while it's still wet, and I take the rest off the next time I take a shower by just picking it off. This time, I bought a cheap angled brush from ELF and dipped it in some acetone remover, and used it along the sides and the cuticle to get cleaner lines. I'll admit, at first I was a little bummed to receive the suggestion since it was already so much better from the beginning, but this method did work very well and gave me clean results right then, and was pretty easy. So I guess I'll keep up with it. :)
Here's a before and after of one of my fingers in particular:

But yup! Here we have it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, great job! Your colors are fantastic. I really like how they're subtly glittery. I had shrinkage on my tips too, because I did the explosions over dry Seche Vite the day after I did the gradient (which took forever, btw). But It still looks good!

    ReplyDelete