Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10/20/12 - Let it Rain Nails

Why are we letting it rain? Because I have ten umbrellas!
This is, of course, inspired by The Daily Nail's Under My Umbrella-ella-ella. I thought it was a fantastic idea, and now that the forecast for the next several weeks is nothing but rain, I decided it was time.

The base is, again, OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls. The nail blogging community exploded about this enough that I had to check it out, and sure enough, I keep using it! I thought about using actual white for this, like Daily Nail did, but I realized the pale grey was much more reminiscent of the weather.
For the three regular nails: the red is Julie G - Cherry on Top. The yellow is Brash - Gone Bananas. The green is Love & Beauty - Green. The blue is CQ - Tropics. The brown is Revlon - Hot for Chocolate. The light brown is China Glaze - Kalahari Kiss.
For the accent nails, instead of opting for a black umbrella like the Daily Nail, I decided to go glittery. Because who doesn't get a little bit cheerier, even in the face of bad weather, when they see glitter? So the red/pink is Colormates - Paparazzi. I didn't have a sparkly yellow, so it's the the same yellow with a coat of Sally Hansen - Diamonds over it. The green is Tip Toe - Shamrock. The blue is Essence - Choose Me! The raindrops are Maybelline - Colorama 110. The brown is JLB - Hot Cocoa (kinda funny that both the browns names' make references to hot chocolate xD). The gold is Unnamed Cat Polish. :)

Here's some close ups trying to show the glitter, which I'm a big fan of:












I've been pretty excited to try Paparazzi and Choose Me!, so I'm glad I got a chance. They did not fail expectations. :)

And lastly, here's some close ups of full nails:
I'm pleased that this design even worked on my short pointer nail. I can't quite convince myself to cut all my nails to the same length, so we'll just have to pretend. :p
But yeah, I think these are fun! Thanks Daily Nail for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment