Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10/27/12 - Happy Halloween! Nails

Happy Halloween, everyone!
So I'm kind of excited about this design, for two reasons: 1) It involves two of my new polishes, 2) It involves a technique I came up with. :D
Last year for Halloween, I did a skittles design with a five standard Halloween designs. This year, I also kind of did a skittle design, but with a little more cohesiveness.
 As you can see, this is a background of my new OPI - Lucern-Tainly Look Marvelous. The spider and lettering is a coat of Julie G - Cherry on Top and a coat of Revlon - Firecracker. The thin black is the new striper, Kiss - Black. The thicker areas of black (the head and one of the bats) are Wet 'n' Wild - Ebony Hates Chris. The other bats are JLB - Hot Cocoa and Revlon - Hot for Chocolate. And the white is Pure Ice - Super Star.
Here's a picture with flash:

Here are some close ups:
My favourites are the tree and the spider. My least favourite is the eyes.
Oh yeah, so the technique I came up with - hole punches!  I've seen variations of this that led me to this idea, but I don't think I've seen this exact technique. I'm gonna make y'all my first ever tutorial for it, though! :D
I think I really like how this these nails came out, over all. The technique was easy and fun, and the striping polish was easy and fun, and the new base polish I used is easy and fun. :D
But yeah, Happy Halloween! Be safe tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment