Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

10/07/12 - Stars in the Night Nails

Hello again! It took me a while to find inspiration, and once I finally did these, it took a while to find time write a post about them. Sorry about that!
But I really love what I have this week, so hopefully that'll make up for something.
YEAH, they glow in the dark!
You may recognize this from Pinterest (which I recently got by the way, Quixii, as usual). Here's my pin on it. Obviously, hers is different and cleaner, but I love mine nonetheless.
Here's the other hand:
To create this, on all but the ring finger I started with a base of OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls, which I figured would be a good base for the glow in the dark. I think I was right. Then I put down one coat of really old Wet 'n' Wild Fantasy Makers - Glow in the Dark. Then I put down two or three - I might have lost count - coats of Claire's - Glow in the Dark. Then I used a black Migi Nail Art Pen to create the stars. On the accent nail, I started with Wet 'n' Wild - Ebony Hates Chris. But then carried out the same layering for the stars.
When I first bought the Claire's glow the dark, I wasn't sure how I felt about it having glitter at first. The ancient Wet 'n' Wild doesn't, and I was mostly looking for a replacement. But in this mani, I actually love how the glitter looks. With so many coats the glitter kinda has a multi-layered look, and it's subtle but noticeable enough to add a pleasant sparkle. Here's an attempt to show what I mean:
Anyway, like I said, I love these. They look simple but are really cool, and I love looking at them glowing in the dark. They don't have fantastic glowing power, but enough to make me happy. And I've been getting a bunch of compliments on them. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment