Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

12/01/12 - Flakey Flowers Nails

And at about the same time I redid my toes, I also redid my hands.
I've long had Wacky Laki's Barielle Budda-Ful Flowers saved as a source of inspiration, and I knew I would eventually copy it. When I got Zoya - Opal a couple months ago, I was sure the day was not far off. However, it just never felt like the right time, for whatever reason. Part of me was worried that the green flakies with the red flower centres would look too Christmas-y. Um, it doesn't at all, but you could consider this a mani to ease into Christmas, now that it's December. :)
I actually love how this came out. As I was painting it, I was worried. It didn't look like it was going to look good. And then I added the black lines and I was like, "Yes!" It works. :)
I started with Wet 'n' Wild - Ebony Hates Chris. Then I added Zoya - Opal. (Beautiful combination, by the way!) Then I painted on the flower petals in Pure Ice - Super Star. Then I added the lines with the black nail art striper by Kiss. And finally I added a little dab of Revlon - Firecracker in the corners.
I'm not sure the pictures do it justice. I really do like how this came out. Why did I wait so long?! Silly me. The duochrome flakies under the pretty flowers is just so fun.
So pretty. :)

By the way, when this post goes live, I'll be about to take a final, and I'll have another one later that day. Think good thoughts for me! :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Good luck on your finals :)

    ReplyDelete