Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

05/18/13 - Purple Checkers

Hello!
So yesterday I sat down to do a design I've been wanting to try for a while. A checkered design, using tape to ensure straight edges. I have now accomplished this. :)
 
It was really hard to photograph this! This is Color Club - Wild at Heart and Essence - Prom Berry. Both are beautiful colours, that create a subtle but striking contrast for the checkers.
Wild At Heart has this great holo that wouldn't cooperate with the camera, especially because while it was super sunny last week, it's been rainy and cloudy this week. And Prom Berry keeps photographing really dark, almost black. I mean, it is dark, but you can tell it's purple in real life.
Regardless of the photo troubles, in real life it's quite lovely and I'm enjoying this design quite a bit. :)

ETA: The sun finally poked out today! The photo still doesn't quite capture it, but Wild At Heart is absolutely mesmerizing in the sun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment