Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

11/21/12 - Turkey Day Nails

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Last year I did a turkey on my thumb and fall colours on the other nails. This year, that was the only thing I was inspired to do, but I definitely didn't want to repeat myself. So I started thinking: what else could I do? And I started thinking about Thanksgiving crafts, and how when we were little we would trace our hands on paper and colour them in to look like turkeys. So I thought - what if I did that on my nails? So I gave it a shot.
 This is one of those few times when for whatever reason, my right hand does look noticeably worse than my left hand. Oh well. Those hand turkeys were really hard to do!
My accent fingers are a base of OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls, with the turkey free-handed with a black Migi Nail Art Pen. Then I filled in the turkey with Julie G - Cherry on Top, Sinful Colors - Timbleberry, Sally Hansen - Orange Impulse, Brash - Gone Bananas, and China Glaze - Kalahari Kiss. The other nails feature JLB - Immortal Gold and Essence - Make It Golden. I also added a little bit of Make It Golden to the accent nails.
Here's a close-up of the turkey that most looks like a hand turkey:
Doesn't look very good so close up!
And here's a close up of the other nails:
There will be a lot more pictures of the those nails, because I'll be doing a pseudo-swatch in a little bit. :)

There are a lot of things I'm thankful for. I'm thankful that at the time of writing this post, I'm at my university, where I am lucky to be able to study and further my education. I'm very thankful that at the time you will be viewing this post, I will be back home in the arms of my loving, wonderful boyfriend. I'm thankful that I have a boyfriend who loves me and treats me well, and that I love him back. I'm thankful for my family. And I'm thankful for all the opportunities I've had and will have.
Happy Thanksgiving. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment