Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Review: Essence Express Dry Drops

So as I mentioned in my last post, I picked up some Essence - Express Dry Drops last time I was in Fred Meyer's. The bottle is only a couple of dollars, much cheaper than other quick drying drops, so I thought it was worth a try. The reviews I found said pretty good things about it, but I had to test it myself. :)
First, here's the bottle:

You can see that it's about the same size as a nail polish bottle. It claims that 1-2 drops can dry your nails in seconds.

To test this, I applied a quick coat of China Glaze - Concrete Catwalk on two of my nails. Immediately after applying it on my middle nail, I dripped a drop or two of the dry drops on it. I then waited exactly two minutes, and then pressed my fingers of the other hand as hard as I could against the nail polish. This is the result:
As you can see, on the nail with no dry drops, there is a strong finger mark, and some of the nail polish even came off. One the nail with dry drops, there is a very slight finger mark.

Good enough evidence for me, I'm sold! I hope this makes it easier to polish my young niece's nails so she can get back to playing sooner, and I hope it aids me in tape manicures, so I don't have to wait as long before getting to the next step.

If you're looking for quick dry drops, I'd give Essence a try before spending a lot more money on expensive drops. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment