Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

04/19/13 - Indie Butterflies

Hello! It's been one of those weeks where every night I've sat down to redo my nails, only for something else to come up and get in the way! Finally I got to it Thursday night/Friday Morning. Probably should have waited for Friday night, so I could have focussed on school stuff one more night. :p Oh well.

In terms of the actual nail art this week, I was inspired by Kayla Shevonne's Indie Nail Art contest. At first, I thought I'd be limited to my LynBDesigns polishes, because I was connecting Indie with Etsy and those are the only ones I've gotten from Etsy. But then I read that Lime Crime and Glitter Gal are also indies, and inspiration struck.
 
Butterflies! I figured that LynBDesigns - Don't Torture Me would make a fun sky-like colour, for Lime Crime butterflies. So I used Lime Crime - Parfait Day, Peaches <3 Cream, Crema de Limon, Pastelchio, Once in a Blue Mousse, and Lavendairy. Then I added accents to the butterflies with Glitter Gal - Silver 3D Holo. While I tried to leave the indies the star, I also used Wet 'n' Wild - Ebony Hates Chris and Klean Color - Green Grass. (Oh, funny on that last one - I didn't realize the name until now, and I did indeed use it for green grass!)
I also used my new brushes for this, with the star of today being this little guy. I think it's my smallest paint brush yet, and it definitely made getting some of the details a lot easier.
Also, the new camera I mentioned a while ago finally arrived. I've been playing around with it a lot, and am stilling working out the best way to take nail pictures with it. But so far I like it. :) A bit of the problem with these is simply that we got about five minutes of sunshine today, so I didn't really get a chance to show off the holo effect on the butterflies. I managed to get a little of it, though. :)
I hope you like this cute little design. Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment