Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

01/19/13 - Pencil Pouch Nails

Another uncreative title, eh? xP
But I am rather proud of how the nail design itself came out. I was looking around desperate to be inspired, and hoping that I could find something to inspire me that wouldn't be a copy of some one else's nails. And as I was packing up my stuff after calculus class, I saw it! My pencil pouch. I got really excited, but then I realized I didn't have the right colours and was rather sad. And then I decided - screw the right colours! This is something inspired by, no one has to know it's not the same colours.
Here's a picture with the pencil pouch:
It was really, really hard to get colour accurate picture of this design. Don't know why. In reality, Jordana - Boy Oh Boy is a nice teal, leaning towards the blue side (even after editing, all these pictures show it as more blue than it is). Lime Crime - Parfait Day is more of a Pepto Bismol pink, but it's showing up more pastelish than it really is. Lime Crime - Pastelchio is fairly accurate, though. (And yes, I still can't give up using those Lime Crime polishes. :p)
Here's a picture a little bit closer to colour accurate (but still not really):
I really like how the tree came out. I was worried I wouldn't be able to pull that part off. But I like the end result.

As you can see, this was also my first attempt at framed nails. I think I like it. But I really like that tree. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment