Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

12/31/12 - Happy New Year!

Happy end of 2012 and beginning of 2013 everyone!

I gotta be honest, I really struggled with coming up with nail art for this. I didn't want to copy what I did last year, and I really wanted to use this confetti nail polish, because it looked exactly like the confetti that ended up all over my living room last year during our new years party, which is why I bought it. But beyond that...? Finally, I came up with this. It's not perfect, but it'll do!
The first image I submitted to the Migi Nail Art Contest again. I feel a little bad, because I did very little in this design with the pens, but oh well. My other entry used the pens more and was well received, so we'll see how it goes.

I used Disney - Evil Queen as a base colour. You'll see more about this later in a swatch post. I then put a layer of Love & Beauty - Crystal/Multi. By the way, lame name. I really want to call this polish Confetti. Much more accurately describes it. :) Anyway, the silver-ish metallic is NYX - Moonwalk, the red-ish JLB - Cherry Pop and the green-ish JLB - Jade. Oh, and there's some Nail Treats - Jubilee over one of the fireworks. The clock is some combination of Migi Nail Art Pens black and white, and Pure Ice - Superstar. Finally, the stars are from a pack of confetti I picked up at a party store:

Here are some more close-ups:

By the way, this is supposed to be some kind of time passage. Like, on the left hand, it's 2012, and the clock is almost at midnight. Then on the left hand, it's 2013 and there are fire works! The fire works don't look a ton like fireworks, but please imagine with me.

I think that's all for this post. Happy New Year everyone. I hope 2013 is a good year for everyone!

ETA: Awkward. I had scheduled this to be posted right at midnight on Jan 1. For whatever reason, that never happened. o.o

No comments:

Post a Comment